Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy new year everyone!

I wish you all health, happiness and many culinary surprises for this new year to come!
This year I've been quite lazy cooking and I've eaten out A LOT so it's only natural that I share my Best Restaurants review of 2011!
This is a one Michelin star and affordable treasure of my hometown. I really can't get enough of this restaurant in spite of the many vain attempts from my parents to find a cheaper alternative. The prices might have gone up slightly but the quality hasn't gone down at all. This is a top fine dining experience for special occasions. Full mark, 5 stars!
This is the place we chose for my mum's birthday this year in September and we weren't disappointed. Yet another expensive one Michelin star restaurant one might say but it's quite far from it. The extraordinary culinary talent of the chef translated in every single ingredient and dish selected by himself. Almost a full mark, slightly pricy!

  • (Click to enlarge)

Recently opened, this is a great addition to Baggot Street. The service was good, plenty of choice in the menu and the food was delicious. This is a nice place for special occasions, verging on fine dining but not pretentious. Almost 4 stars, a different league from the two above!
  • Dada, D2 Dublin (Ireland) ***
One of my favourite non-gastro/non-French places in Dublin! With a beautifully decorated dining area and great Moroccan dishes on offer, this place ticks almost all my boxes. The prices are slightly on the high-end but the pastilla/pastela is so worth it! It still deserves 3 stars!
I really enjoy Thai food and especially when it's tasty but not too spicy. This place offers a huge variety of chicken, pork, beef, prawns boiled, roasted or cooked with very fragrant spices. I really enjoy this place in spite of the cluttered dining room. I give it 2 stars.
This was quite a surprise. Who knew that a spa hotel was able to offer great food for a bargain? I really enjoyed dining there during my stay in March this year. Every dish delivered, especially the dessert which was divine! I give it 3 stars for the location and randomness.

My honorable mention goes to Yamamori Noodles (steady choice!), Brasserie Sixty6 (not bad!), Oliviers Restaurant at the Schoolhouse (new entry!), Millers Pizza Kitchen (very original!) and Herb Street (best brunch!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment